Saturday, January 4, 2014

Restaurant Review - Shinju Japanese Buffet – Boca Raton

Shinju Japanese Buffet – Boca Raton


Orin Rosenfeld Boca Raton Restaurant Review
This is quite a place. It could be the only safe Asian buffet in the U.S. And they serve sushi no less! I actually did a deal with these guys years ago in Coral Springs so I got familiar and comfortable with their concept. They now have 5 locations I think and looking to grow. It is a great concept. They have sushi (which I don’t eat), Chinese food, hibachi and also hot Japanese dishes. On top of that, they have soups, lots of deserts and brown or white rice. The crazy thing is they only charge around $12 or $13 for lunch! I try and avoid this place since I have a tendency to overeat at these kinds of places but I do so happily when in the situation. With my uncle coming in for a late lunch, looking for seafood and needing someplace close to home, the stars were in alignment for ShinjuSaturday for lunch. I started out with a hot and sour soup, which was very good. I then proceeded to have 2 identical plates of hibachi. For those not familiar with this, it is the exact same thing as Benihana where they cook on your table in front of you. Except here you get to choose everything you want in the dish including the sauce and then they cook it up for you. I went with the broccoli, bean sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms and spicy sauce with chicken, and then with shrimp in the 2nd round. I finished up with fruit and ice cream. They are happy to follow any directions you give them, such as make it rare or well done. If you feel generous you can throw in a dollar to the tip jar in front of the grill. Even my little girl was happy here. She worked with dumplings, chicken nuggets, soup, lo mein and some rice. Everyone was happy, and my girls (this included my wife) were saying that they would be happy to return there (this is notable since it rarely happens until afterwards if at all). Perhaps the most amazing part of the meal – the bill. For 7 of us (probably were only charged for 6 people since my little one is only 4) came to $102! We all marveled at this as we happily rolled ourselves out. You can’t beat the quality or value here. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Orin Rosenfeld
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd., Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434 Phone: 561-756-1665
Fax: 561-470-0707

No comments:

Post a Comment