Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – JADAI KAITEN SUSHI

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – JADAI KAITEN SUSHI

I had to share this one. I met a friend today for lunch and he was coming from the Turnpike. We agreed to go to a new place called Dogs & Beer on Jog Rd. in Boca Raton. But when I got there I realized that it didn’t have any chicken or turkey dogs so I was largely out of luck. My friend was kind enough to go to another place in the center, called Jadai Kaiten Sushi. While there are also booths, there is a large bar in the middle with a chef in the middle. Surrounding the bar is a conveyor belt of sorts, moving small plates of food around. All kinds of food is revolving above the bar, sushi, cooked food like dumplings and chicken, and deserts. I think all the plates were $2 each and at the end they count how many you had and then charge you accordingly. You see, Kaiten means revolving in Japanese I learned today. Undaunted, I ordered chicken hibachi from the menu which came with fried rice and soup or salad. I went with brown rice and the clear mushroom soup and asked for the chicken spicy. My friend on the other hand, went with the conveyor belt options. He grabbed a sushi dish, I don’t know which one, and said it was not great. His 2nd option was better he said. Then he had 2 orders of the pork gyoza (fried dumplings), which he seemed to enjoy. Then there was one other sushi dish which we didn’t discuss. We talked about how a place like this should be very busy, because if not the food is sitting out although it is revolving. The place was not that busy, and the food including mine just didn’t seem fresh. This place was really mediocre and I don’t see it being around much longer. I think that initially people might be amused with the novelty of the revolving food but after that it comes down to quality and service as it always does for any restaurant. This place falls short on the food although the service was quite good. I wish them luck. I would love to hear about your favorite place or a new place you have been to and enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment