Thursday, June 5, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – INDUS WEST PALM BEACH

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – INDUS WEST PALM BEACH

There is a new Indian sheriff in town, and its name is Indus! For those that know me, I love Indian food (this is Indian as in the neighbor of Pakistan, not the native Indian like the Seminoles) and other foods from different countries. Growing up in New York I was exposed to many different foods that are very hard to find in South Florida. One of those is Indian food, and I regularly visit my favorite places in Boca Raton and Pompano Beach (One has been blogged about here, Madras Café in Pompano). So when some friends of mine told me about a great new place in West Palm Beach I was skeptical but knew I had to try it right away. After learning the hard way a few weeks ago that they are closed on Mondays, I finally made it there with some friends yesterday.

This place is located in a dead little strip center on Forum Place, which runs into Congress Ave. and is parallel to Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. While it is difficult to find, it is almost next to the new Palm Beach Outlets. You can see from the interior that they put a lot of money into the place. Everything is very clean, and there are plenty of servers hustling to and fro. They serve a buffet lunch here, like Madras, but without salads. They have more options on the hot line, which is much better anyway. I will do the best I can to describe what I ate. One dish was made of lentils, with the texture of an applesauce and sort of spicy. Another was a red kidney bean thing in red sauce. There was a cabbage dish, very spicy, and a bright yellow dish that has fried vegetables in there. They had 2 chicken dishes, a tandoori chicken and another in a yellow sauce. They had 2 desert options, and I tried a little of the bread cake. Everything was amazing, surpassing all expectations. What really amazed me was that everything I had there I had never even seen before, much less tried. What made it even more fun was that I was with 5 other people, only one of whom had been there before. Everyone loved it and said they would be coming back. It was actually very busy, even when we left just after 1:00. If you want some amazing food and an adventure to boot, give Indus a try. You will be happy you did and it is well worth the trip. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment