Friday, June 20, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – 20 / 20 Grille


ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – 20 / 20 Grille

Last weekend I went to a great new place I wanted to let you all know about. It is called the 20/20 Grille and it is located in Royal Palm Plaza in Boca Raton. It is very tough to find, but I am really glad I did eventually get there. I read about this place in the newspaper, which gave it a mixed review. The reason it was mixed was due to service not food. I mentioned it to a friend of mine who lives East and they said they had been there a few times and it was one of their favorite places. They are pretty reliable and I was sold.
The place is owned by a husband and wife, he does the cooking and she does the greeting. It is called 20 20 because there are 20 tables inside and 20 outside. The place was pretty crowded and they said they have been doing well. They have a corkage fee here, not sure what it is but rest assured you can bring your own wine here. The food here is very inventive, which I really like. I went with the duck tacos first, which were prepared with an orange gastrique and roasted tomato pico de gallo. I am not sure what all was in there but it was fantastic! Wife went with the spinach salad which she enjoyed. I went with the halibut next, which was prepared with dried strawberry dusting, beet greens, crispy onion rice, porcini mushrooms and a hot and sour beet emulsion. It was amazing! Wife had steak which was a special and she enjoyed it. Our friends had the same thing as we did. Unlike them, we insisted on desert (of course). Wife went with the chocolate cake with raspberry puree and I had the profiteroles. They were OK, tough to measure up to what we already had there. Since we already had some wines my friends brought I do not know what they have for dessert wines or port. I would strongly recommend this place and look forward to returning. I would love to know about your favorite place or a place you have been lately that you enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment