Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Madras Café – Pompano Beach - - Another Rosenfeld Restaurant Review!

Yes, we represent a restaurant for rent in the Village Tower Shoppes in Boca Raton, but we also LOVE going to restaurants, and sharing our reviews.

The Madras Café – Pompano Beach




Tucked away in a seedy unassuming strip center on Jog Rd. in Pompano Beach lies one of the hidden gems of South Florida restaurants – The Madras Café.

It is an Indian restaurant, and is even rated by Zagat. There aren't many of them in South Florida and what there is can be hard to find. This is no different but trust me when I tell you it is well worth the trip. First a little background in the location is humorous. I actually leased this center for a short time! Yes, along with probably 10 other brokers (maybe more?) over the years, we all mistakenly thought we would be the ones to fill the poor place up. Unfortunately due to many reasons, none of us were successful. So the center sits exactly as it was almost 6 years ago when I had the leasing about 25% occupied. Strange, but at least there is plenty of parking! The restaurant has been there at least that long and has expanded in the time they have been there. Must be close to 10 years or more, impressive for any restaurant.

I have never been to this restaurant at dinner, only lunch. It is excellent place to meet friends who work in Ft. Lauderdale since it is the halfway point between Boca and Ft. Lauderdale. They have a buffet style lunch, which I really love since I can overeat without feeling guilty. In this environment it is simply good value! Regardless, they have a bit of everything. The buffet line starts with some salads, and nacho looking dip stuff, cold vegetable concoctions and this last time even some watermelon. Then you get to the entree section, which starts with lentil soup. I really love lentil soup and this one if the spiciest I have ever had, truly excellent. But you need to be careful since there are long red chilies in there and if you are not careful and eat one, watch out! It goes great with the naan bread they bring, which is sort of like a pita bread. The entrees have everything from fish, to stuffed jalapeno peppers to lamb and chicken dishes. There are many vegetarian options, and everything they serve is prepared with tasty and sometimes spicy sauces. They have tandoori chicken on the bone, and chicken tikka masala which is in pieces. They even had lamb samosas which are like little knishes or empanadas shaped like triangles. If after all this you still have not had your fill, there are deserts, always at least 2 options. I can say that I have never had a glass of wine or beer here (since it is always at lunch) nor have I had room to try desert. That is a good thing since it means you really enjoyed the buffet. I would strongly encourage you to give this place a try! The food is worth the trip alone but the value is off charts! I think the lunch is $11. Enjoy and let me know what you think! I also love trying new places so I would also love to hear about any good restaurants you know of that I should try. Much appreciated and thanks for reading.

Orin Rosenfeld
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd., Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434 Phone: 561-756-1665
Fax: 561-470-0707 Email: orin@rosenfeldrealtyadvisors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment