Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rosenfeld Restaurant Review Time! The Meatball Room

I know, We are commercial real estate brokers, not restaurant reviewers.. but eating out is one of my passions.

The Meatball Room



This is a new place located at Yamato and Jog in Boca Raton. They initially lured us in under the faulty premise that they delivered. Once we discovered this fallacy, we still decided to check it out. I am glad we did, although we had some doubts at first. This restaurant location has changed over numerous times in the past few years. It just didn’t seem like anyone could make it work there. But these guys stick to a simple formula and do it well: pizza and pasta. We started out by sitting outside, which I love to do. There are plenty of tables and they are not on top of each other. They had 2 large screen TVs outside with college football on, my type of ambiance. My daughter and I liked the lighting too, which changed colors throughout the meal. The pizza was excellent. The tomato sauce is very authentic and there is a lot of it.

There was a comical moment during the meal when some of it actually sprayed out onto the table from the pizza. But a dirty table cloth is the sign of a good meal so no worries. From there I had no choice but to get meatballs. I don’t eat red meat, so I was very excited to try the turkey meatballs (like the delivery ruse, they also do not make chicken meatballs, as it said on the sample menu we were sent in the mail). They were excellent, like small balls of meatloaf. Coupled with the very good tomato sauce and just the right amount of pasta, I was very happy.

Wines by the glass were very mediocre, a weak point for sure, but easy to overlook with all the good food. Happy surprise with desert. They have their own pastry chef who makes cakes daily. They happen to have my favorite, carrot, along with a chocolate that my wife and daughter really enjoyed (which was further enjoyed by my other daughter when we brought the rest home). Strangely they had some very hard toasted coconut sprinkled on top of the carrot cake. It didn’t ruin it as I was able to scrape it off but I let them know that the cake really didn’t need it. All in all, I really liked this place and look forward to returning. Make sure you come hungry!


Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665
Fax: 561-470-0707
Web: www.rosenfeldrealtyadvisors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment