Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ROSENFELD Restaurant Reviews!!! Josef's Table

We haven’t had one of these for a while! Josef’s Table caught my eye with a good looking ad in one of the local papers last week for a 5 course meal for $100 on Valentine’s Day. While they were already sold out for that (hopefully I earned some points by suggesting it?), we were able to get in there on Friday. I have seen this place a ton of times since I love the Thai place where it is, in the Polo Club Shoppes on Military Trail in Boca Raton. The menu always looked good but for some reason I never thought of giving it a try. I am glad I did!




There is an old school feel to this place, not just because the clientele is elderly, but there is a real emphasis on service which I really like. There are lots of employees, managers and even the owner all running around making sure the guests are happy. Before even getting to the food, it must be noted that they offer flights of wine. For those not familiar with this, it is basically like getting one glass of wine split into 3 parts with different wines served in separate glasses at the same time. I love it as it allows one to try a lot of wines. They had a large variety of Italian white wines which were really great. I would strongly recommend this. I started out with a French onion soup that was great. My wife had a salad which she enjoyed. I then had the blackened grouper special (after a very close call with the duck, which really looked good). While it was not blackened at all, it was perfectly cooked and was served with a red pepper sauce and some parmesan polenta. Awesome. My wife had the lobster special, which she loved. Desert was somewhat disappointing after all this for me. I had the apfel strudel, which was full of apples and a crispy hard shell that was not what I was expecting. I was thinking and hoping for puff pastry, or some kind of tart but it wasn’t to be. The wife went with a sugar free key lime tart which she enjoyed. To make up for this, they did have an impressive selection of desert wines and ports. I got a glass of the moscato d’asti, which was so good even the wife had one. I would strongly recommend this place and look forward to returning. I would love to hear about your favorite places or one you have just tried that you loved.



Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665

No comments:

Post a Comment