Thursday, February 13, 2014

NEW FLOOD MAPS FOR BROWARD NEXT WEEK



What the heck is he talking about? It is a sneaky way to discuss insurance, flood insurance to be exact. It is actually great news, and long overdue. Next week Broward County will get new flood zone rate maps from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). More than half of the of the county’s land will no longer be required to have flood insurance at all. It will take 6 months after the new maps are released next week. Palm Beach County’s maps won’t be ready until the spring, which sucks for me. But this is great news and I am pretty confident that I will no longer have to have flood insurance once they redraw the maps in Palm Beach County. They have a map set up online so you can see if your property is being affected or not. It is broward.org/onlineservices/pages/search.aspx then click on Flood Zone Maps (proposed). As usual, Broward County is out in front on this with their maps being ready months before Palm Beach County, and I bet it has something to do with @Jack Seiler the mayor. He is my favorite local politician by a landslide. That is something I don’t think I would ever say, since there aren’t many (any?) I am fond of. Now onto home owner insurance. Can we find a way to redraw the maps on that and eliminate it too?

Final Broward flood zone maps to be released next week



Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665

No comments:

Post a Comment