Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rosenfeld Restaurant Review - Jazziz!

I have been wanting to eat at this place since it was at the Hard Rock! I never made it there and then it closed, so I was thrilled when it opened up again in Boca. But they took an enormous space (14,000 SF) in Mizner Park that was formerly occupied by ZED 451 that I knew that would be tough for anyone to succeed in. BUT, they are the only game in town for live jazz (or at least that I know of), and they hired a very good chef, Justin Fit, who used to cook at Café Boulud in Palm Beach. I had checked out the menu and it looked great.

We met another couple here who live East and they had been before and liked it. I was a bit surprised to find that the live entertainment was with the dining, so you were going to have it whether you wanted it or not. Fortunately, they had a great singer and we were as far from it as you could be so it wasn’t too loud. Still a little hard to talk but manageable. The appetizers were not memorable. I started with some stone crabs, and everyone else had salads. I ordered 2 large claws and got 4 tiny mediums instead. I ate them but was not happy. Then I had the scallops. I asked for them well done and spicy, and got exactly that. They were probably the best I have ever had! Wife had a burger, and our friends had the steak. They were all very happy with their entrees. Wines by the glass were good, nothing great. They did have some desert wines, and I had to try one from Canada I had never seen before: an apple ice wine. I enjoyed it but everyone else thought it tasted like apple cider. The problem was desert itself. I was sort of excited for a couple of options I saw on the menu online. Not only did they not have them, but they also didn’t have the 4 things on the menu they gave us! Instead the waitress verbally told us what they had and none excited to the point of ordering. Meanwhile, the place was getting more and more crowded, the bar and the seating area. It looked like it might have been fun later, but we left right before the last group was coming on. On the strength of the scallops I would come back here, and I would like to see some more music here. It was a very different kind of dinner for us, and I like to switch things up. I would recommend it, and would love to try it on a weeknight to see what the crowd is like. Very crowded on the weekend. A final note worth mentioning. We hate to valet so we parked in the garage, but our friends valeted. The valet lost their car keys! The owner of Jazziz drove them home so they could get their spare key and gave them a $100 gift certificate!






Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665

No comments:

Post a Comment