Friday, September 5, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – SAPPHIRE INDIAN CUISINE

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – SAPPHIRE INDIAN CUISINE

It has been a long time since we have had one of these and this is a good one to get back into it with. Anyone that knows me knows that I like a wide variety of foods, especially exotic ones. One of my favorite foods is Indian food, and I do frequent several Indian restaurants each month. So you can imagine how excited I was to find that a new one was opening in my hometown of Boca Raton! Finally I went there with a friend last week. It is located in Royal Palm Place in Boca Raton on Federal Highway South of Palmetto Park Road. This is a very upscale place, with white clean décor, and a small bar. They have a couple of lunch options, a 3 course with an appetizer, entree and dessert and then a multi dish option that comes with 3 dishes and other stuff. For that you can choose vegetarian or non-vegetarian, and there are no substitutions of any kind (which precluded me from this one!). My friend went with the multi dish and I had the 3 course. I started with a tomato covered cauliflower, which was absolutely delicious. Then I had the boring chicken tikka masala, which came with rice and naan. It was excellent. My choice for desert, rice pudding, was too hot to serve since it just came out of the oven so they offered me a small donut with a honey sauce that was served warm. It was excellent and small enough so that it didn’t make you feel too guilty. My friend’s order was much more interesting looking. It was served on a large tray with many small cups on the perimeter and a large naan in the middle. He had his meats first, then a lentil sauce, which could be a soup, and various other sauces. His meats were shrimp, lamb and chicken. I was very impressed with this place and look forward to my next visit. It is a little pricey so be forewarned, but you do get a lot of food for the money and it is very high quality. I would love to hear about a place you have tried or one of your favorite places. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment