Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – BRIO TUSCAN GRILL


ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – BRIO TUSCAN GRILL

It is hard to believe that I have never eaten at a Brio Tuscan Grill before today. After all, it is a national chain, and they were located in Town Center Mall for many years before they relocated to the Boca Center in Boca Raton. One of the reasons is that I try and avoid chain restaurants, and support the local operators. But I do go to them on occasion and I am glad I decided to go there for lunch today! Brio is a very large, bright, airy place that has many tables but enough space between them. It is very noisy but not so much that you couldn’t talk with the person across from you. The bread bowl is worth mention. It is a combination of flatbread crackers with sesame seeds, and warm sourdough bread. Both were awesome and I ate too much of each. We did have a bad service experience, but the food was right on the money (and not inexpensive), and that is what really matters to me. I met a friend there who has eaten there many times and always enjoyed it. He always gets the same thing, and did so again today, getting the brick pressed chicken, which is actually chicken marsala. It came with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables and looked awesome. He loved it. After picking the waiters brain, I went with the spicy grilled shrimp, which he said was the 2nd most popular item on the menu. It was a little spicy, and came on a bed of orzo, faro, cherry tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, broccoli with a lemon pesto vinaigrette. It was really good. Normally I wouldn’t drink or have desert at lunch during the week but since the service was so bad they gave us free deserts. We accepted and both went with the pecan butterscotch caramel bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and crème anglaise sauce. It was served warm and was really amazing. It is worth noting that they also have smaller, shot glass size deserts as well (literally in a shot glass,  like you see at Seasons 52 or P.F. Chang’s, must be a chain restaurant thing), which also looked really good. There were quite a few other things that I would like to try here and I look forward to my next visit. I would love to hear about a place you have recently tried and enjoyed or about your favorite restaurant. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment