Monday, September 8, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – FABIEN’S BISTRO

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – FABIEN’S BISTRO

While I like to promote good news, let’s face it, the news is not always good. Such is the case with the reborn Fabien’s Bistro. I have a lot of connections to this place, located in a shopping center on 18th Street in Boca Raton where I have done the leasing for years called Village Tower Shoppes. At one point I replaced the longtime operators called Fleming & Else Bistro, who had an amazing place. It stayed with the same name until it became Village Bistro at Fleming and now is Fabien’s Bistro after they sold it. I didn’t know any of this Saturday night, I was just hoping to have the same menu they used to have when it was Flemings, like I did the last time I was there 6 months ago. Those days sadly are over. My wife started out with a Caesar’s salad, and they said they couldn’t put the dressing on the side, the first time we had ever heard of such a thing. I started with a French onion soup, which was good but not well done enough on top. My older daughter had the same, which they were kind enough to do without cheese. Then for the entrees, we tried to order 2 coq au vins, and were told at 6:20 that they had run out and only had one left. Irate, I agreed to give that one to my daughter and went with the sea bass blackened instead. My wife got the crab cake and my little one went with pasta, as usual. My wife’s crab cake was terrible, filled with vegetables and smothered in a mustard sauce. My sea bass was terrible, and not prepared the way I asked. I sent it back after eating just 2 bites. My little one loved her pasta and my older one loved the chicken. Fortunately she is always watching her weight these days (not that she needs to, unlike me) so I had the opportunity to have some of it and it was excellent. But the damage was done, we didn’t like the attitude and I just couldn’t get past the fact that they ran out of chicken at 6:20 on Saturday. We passed on the deserts and instead went to Yogurt Emporium next door, which has the best yogurt in town, so there was a happy ending. I would love to hear about a great restaurant that you have tried or one of your favorite places. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. These are most likely one of best tips for hosting well planned, memorable and fabulous wedding. My friend who is not having a huge budget is looking for some good Boston restaurants. Do you think it’s a good idea?

    ReplyDelete