Monday, August 18, 2014

LONG VACANT LANTANA WATERFRONT SITE FINALLY TO BE DEVELOPED

LONG VACANT LANTANA WATERFRONT SITE FINALLY TO BE DEVELOPED

I promise it isn’t me! This is the 2nd article this week I have been unable to get the photo from it, and of course I blame the respective publications. I have a long and impressive track record of using photos with my blogs so I know it isn’t me! I love articles like this about a long vacant or dilapidated site that gets a new life from a developer. This is the definition of a win win deal, with the City of Lantana getting added tax revenues and new homes sprouting where there was nothing but overgrown land and decaying buildings before. But all is not agreed upon yet but looks promising. The plan is to transform the 10 acre waterfront site into 5 buildings, a mixture of 2 story mixed use properties which would be fronting on Dixie Highway and 6 story residential buildings which would be a gated rental community. The plans call for 2 mixed use properties and 3 residential buildings. There will be a total of 319 residential units. Given that there have been many failed deals on this site throughout the years and no other competing plans or bidders, this deal should happen. This is one of the last large waterfront parcels left and it will be very interesting to see how it all turns out. It should be great for the area and it is long overdue. My fingers are crossed but I really don’t think that is going to be necessary here. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

Lantana waterfront property could develop as retail/residential

No comments:

Post a Comment