Tuesday, July 1, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW - 32 EAST

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW - 32 EAST

Sometimes it is just fun writing a blog, and this is one of those times. In case you haven't noticed, I really enjoy going out to eat, and just eating in general. I could write about food and eating all day and for that reason writing about eating at 32 East in Delray Beach is just a pleasure. While Delray is home to many trendy and constantly changing restaurants, a select few have stood the test of time and have become institutions there. That would be 32 East, who has been there since 1996. I think it has the most interesting and inventive menu, and I love the fact that it changes daily.

On to the food. We started with some mahi fingers which were fried and came in a key lime mustard sauce with some greens and vegetables. We also had the pizza of the day which had oyster mushrooms, spinach, and some sort of tomato compote. They were both awesome and were quickly eaten, mainly by me. For entrees, my daughter got the meal gold medal for best dish ordered. It was a black grouper with potato puree and a mushroom gravy. I had the snapper with vegetables and rice. Wife had the scallops, which were perfectly prepared (well done) and had some sesame seeds on top. I tried those and they were excellent, but the black grouper was amazing. My snapper being a little dry, I got some of the gravy and it really saved the day. Undeterred by no one else having desert, I went with the pear tart, which has almonds in it. It was good, not great. The service here is always fantastic and this night was no different. They also have a large selection of wines by the glass, including desert wines. The interior is a cherry wood, but the natural light from the front keeps the place from being too dark. If you want to try the best restaurant in Delray Beach look no further. I would love to hear about a place you have recently been to that you enjoyed or about your favorite place. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment