Friday, July 18, 2014

WORK ON NEW BOCA RATON I - 95 INTERCHANGE HAS BEGUN

WORK ON NEW BOCA RATON I - 95 INTERCHANGE HAS BEGUN


Sorry there was no picture associated with this article from the Sun Sentinel. But since it is about the new construction on the new I - 95 interchange in Boca Raton I felt obligated to let you know about it regardless. The construction for the new exit on I - 95 for a Spanish River Blvd. exit has finally begun. It actually began in January but only now can visible progress be seen. Foundations for the multiple bridges and ramps are being erected now with long poles called piles. This long awaited exit will relieve traffic on Glades Rd. by providing direct access to FAU from the new I - 95 exit. In conjunction with the new exit being constructed, I - 95 itself is being widened between Glades and Yamato Rd. There will be one new lane in both directions when the work is complete. To get the work done one or two lanes will closed in both directions every night from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM Sunday through Friday until July 13. The entire project cost is $67 million dollars and it is expect to be completed in 2016. Once complete, the only real problem with traffic in Boca Raton, Glades Rd., should be resolved. It is very exciting and I am sure that every resident and or person who works in the area of Glades Rd. and I - 95 is counting down the days until it opens. It should be in place before the new Tri - Rail station on Yamato Rd. is done in 2018 but both projects have the potential for reducing traffic. It is very exciting stuff and I am very happy about it! As always thanks for reading and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment