Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rosenefeld Restaurant Review!

Fat Tuesday... of course we are going to talk restaurants, but not NOLA, this time we take a trip to Italy, by way of Broward County Florida.

KITCHENETTA TRATTORIA TIPICA ITALIANA

Now say that 5 times fast! Most people just refer to this place as Kitchenetta, but I have to give you the whole mouthful for the official record. You will see more reviews of these good Broward restaurants here in the future as I am regularly meeting up with my cousin who lives in Plantation. We get together for dinner once a month and I am trying to try as many good places in Broward as possible.

I find out about most restaurants from 3 places. The Palm Beach Post, The Sun Sentinel, or Zagat restaurant guide. I started using Zagat years ago in New York and find it to be very reliable. Kitchenetta was rated a 27 there, which is the 2nd highest rated place in the county so I figured it had to be good. The place is very 1950’s looking from the outside, but has been renovated inside. We sat outside, which was very nice but uncovered. My cousin noted that they could lose their entire outside seating area in the event of rain, but fortunately it was clear skies last night. There are lots of waiters and busboys running around here and they have a large special board that they bring to every table. We went with a mushroom pizza and escarole, beans and red peppers first. They were both excellent, especially the pizza. For entrees I went with a special, the chicken marsala. It was a whole chicken cut up into pieces (with the bones) and in a dark soupy sauce that had lots of mushrooms and roasted potatoes. It was very tender and I probably surprised people with how much I ate of it. My cousin had the special ravioli stuffed with osso buco. Both were great. Desert, was a little surprising. I went with the bread pudding which I ordinarily love. This was the only one I really didn’t and I only ate a few bites. My cousin had the ricotta cheese cake, and it was good. We switched midway through each and were happy. They had some solid wines by the glass, I enjoyed some tasty Sangiovese which was great. For desert they only had one port option and I went with it, a Sandemans 10 year tawny. We were able to wear shorts, and the atmosphere was very casual. Also gave very large portions, except for the pizza which was small. I would strongly recommend this place to others, and was very surprised by how reasonably priced it was. I would love to hear about your favorite restaurant or one you have just discovered. Thanks for reading as always and have a great day.


Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665

No comments:

Post a Comment