Monday, March 17, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW


THE FLASHBACK DINER  


I read about this place and have been looking to try it for a while. I got my opportunity today at lunch since I was in the area. I just picked up a restaurant listing at 2700 N. Federal Highway so I thought it would be a good time to do it. The place is the former Bova’s restaurant on Federal Highway just South of 20th St. It is 24 hours so I bet they do a good night and late night crowd.

It is setup like a traditional diner, with a counter you can eat at and a refrigerated case of deserts next to the cash register. But you can see that they are trying to go a little more upscale, and the first evidence of that is the fact that they had 6 or 7 beers on tap. They also had a very fancy cappuccino machine that looked like a spaceship of some sort. Since I sat at the counter I could see all this stuff and talk to the people who worked there. They recommended the French toast so I went with that, along with some turkey sausage well done. Aside from the fact that it was served strangely with the sausage in the middle of the French toast, the food was good. I did ask for the sausage well done, and it could have been more so but they clearly tried. The French toast was tasty but rather small. It was pretty busy in there and there seemed to be very good service. I had at least 3 managerial types ask me if I was being helped while I was there. I think it is going to be tough for them to make it unless they are really killing it at night. There are lots of other breakfast type places on Federal so we will have to see what happens. I am rooting for them and would probably go back if the circumstances were right as they were today. I would love to know about your favorite restaurants or a new place you enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment