Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Palm Beach International Boat Show!

I have never been to a boat show before. But since I blogged about the Miami show and the serious economic impact it has statewide this article caught my interest. There weren’t any figures on the past performances of these Palm Beach shows but I did a little Googling and found a little info. It said that this was one of the top 5 boat shows in the US, featuring “$1.2 billion dollars worth of yachts and accessories from the world’s leading marine manufacturers.” It is a four day event and this year it is even larger than before, expanding further South on Flagler Drive. So that tells you that it has been very successful and is getting more so. I couldn’t find more than that. I once heard a very funny saying that I don’t think I will ever forget that was “if it flies, floats or _____ (a vulgar term that starts with an F) rent it! So who are all these people buying boats? 

I remember when things went badly in 2008 that the County actually ran out of storage space for all the repossessed boats. It seems like when people are strapped for cash one of the first things they give up is their boat. Obviously much has changed since then, and these shows are making some serious bank now. Perhaps the first step to attending a boat show is to think about one, although I am doing so strictly from an economic impact perspective. I have many problems so the last thing I need is a boat. But if you are looking for one just head on up to West Palm Beach (yes that is where the Palm Beach show is always held) and plunk down $18 for an adult ticket. Please let me know how it is, I am very curious but even more so about how much money our region/state earns from it. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

It's curtain time for 29th Palm Beach boat show





Orin Rosenfeld
President
Rosenfeld Realty Advisors
9858 Glades Rd. Suite 209
Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone: 561-756-1665


No comments:

Post a Comment