Wednesday, March 11, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW: KHANA KY’ZANA CORAL SPRINGS

Coral Springs is a tough place to find good restaurants but it happens to be right in the middle of West Boca, where I live, and Plantation, where my cousin lives. After doing some research I found a couple of highly rated Indian restaurants and settled on this one. It is easy to find, right on West Sample Rd., where the majority of the restaurants are located. Turns out it is a takeout place, with just 5 or 6 tables. Never one for pomp and circumstance, it suited us just fine, despite the plastic silverware and plates.

This place has a long and incredible menu. They have an enormous selection of vegetarian dishes, more than anything else on the menu, which I love. It took quite a while to choose things, but the waiter was very nice and helpful. We settled on some naan bread, tandoor roti (another bread, whole wheat, which I had never tried), chana masala (chickpeas), shrimp vindaloo, chicken tikka masala and some black lentil dish. If this sounds like a lot of food for 2 people you are correct. Anyway, they couldn’t have been more accommodating since I like things very spicy and my cousin doesn’t like spicy food at all, they agreed to split each dish and make half spicy and the other half not. I have never seen this before and was very impressed with it. But not nearly as much as the food, which was really awesome. I got the food at a 7 out of 10 level spicy and it was plenty spicy, but not too much. Every dish was excellent except for the shrimp, which was just good, not excellent. Cousin even had some food to bring home, sadly I didn’t because I ate it all. I would strongly recommend this place and look forward to going back there again. I would love to hear about your favorite place or one that you have recently enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment