Wednesday, March 25, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW: CASA TEQUILA BOCA RATON

This one warms my heart. As you may recall from my long ago review of Cabo Flats, there are no Mexican places in West Boca (fast casual places don’t count like Chipotle, etc.). I am very happy to report that that has now changed! This place finally opened in the former Compagnolo location on Glades Rd. West of the Turnpike. They have one location in Wellington and this is their 2nd. The wife and I decided to throw caution into the wind Saturday and head over there without a reservation, something we never do. I tried to get one but got some weird response from the person who answered the phone. When we got there it was packed and we were told there would be a 35 minute wait, even at 7:00. Undaunted, I found a couple of seats at the bar and we decided to eat there. They give you chips and salsa free, which I think is great and it is one of my favorite foods. It was very good and a little spicy. The wife got some guacamole and enjoyed that as well. I saw something here that was so strange it deserves mention. People were ordering drinks that looked like margaritas but had a little plastic holder attached to the side of the glass. That held either a small Corona or bottle of wine that was served with the bottle upside down in the drink. Seemed popular as many people had these but we didn’t have interest. Which leads me to the wines by the glass, which was a real weak point. They only had 2 choices of vineyards, which was very limiting. Luckily one of them was Kendall Jackson which is OK, so I had that. I had a hard time making a dinner choice since there were a lot of options and then even combinations of the options to choose from. So I bailed out and just went with a chicken burrito. Wife had a taco salad. This was one of the best burritos I have ever had! It was so good I went back for lunch the following week and had it again! Wife enjoyed her taco salad as well, and also her margarita. Prices for both food and drink were extremely low, but the service was lacking. I would strongly recommend this place and am very happy to finally have a Mexican place in West Boca. I look forward to going back again soon. I would love to hear about your favorite place or one that you have recently enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment