Thursday, February 19, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – SETTE BELLO

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – SETTE BELLO

Last night I met my cousin for some dinner. We usually meet in Broward somewhere and I went to an old standby to pick a quality place: Zagat, or in this case Zagat.com. In New York this is truly the food Bible and while it is not the same here you can still use it to find good quality restaurants. That led us to Sette Bello, which is located at the Southwest corner of NW 62nd (Cypress Creek Rd.) and U.S. 1. It is located in a shopping center, which led me to pass it by on my first attempt, despite having looked at a map several times before going.

It was a charming little place, just more than half full. The hostess was very accommodating and repeatedly checked on us after each course. They had a very impressive wine list by the glass, must have had at least 15 choices each for white and red. We started out with some giant shrimps wrapped in prosciutto and also a lightly battered calamari, shrimp and Portobello mushrooms with a marinara sauce which I got spicy. Both were excellent although there were not a lot of shrimp in the fried dish. My cousin then went with the veal marsala, which he really enjoyed, and I went with a fish called corvina. You can’t find this often and it is delicious, a thick, but light white fish not unlike mahi. This was prepared with lemon, tomatoes, spinach, mixed grilled vegetables and clams. I decided to use the spicy tomato sauce with it too which was a good move. It was awesome. I finished up with the chocolate molten cake since they were out of the apple tart. I am glad they were because it was excellent. They didn’t have any desert wines but did offer two ports, and I went with the Cockburn 20 year tawny which is really good despite the painful name. The only problem here was service, which was mediocre at best. That said, I would return here again and would recommend it to others. I would love to hear about your favorite place or one you have tried recently and enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment