Thursday, February 5, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – COPENHAGEN RESTAURANT

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – COPENHAGEN RESTAURANT 

It has been a long time since we have done one of these. The reason is that I am somewhat of a creature of habit and really enjoy going to places I know and like. But I am a food adventurer as well and truly love trying and experiencing new foods and restaurants. This was sort of a strange case. This restaurant was formerly known as Fleming & Else Bistro and was in one of the shopping centers I do the leasing for in Boca Raton. They relocated to Boynton and changed the name to Copenhagen. Despite it not being convenient, we wanted to go and see if they still had the same quality as before. It is rare when you find a place operated by a husband and wife that produces really high quality food and provides service that is of the same caliber.
Well they still have the carrot bread that they make every day from scratch. It is really amazing and something I have never seen at any other restaurant. The calamari is also the best I have had, super crunchy but somehow still tender. The Copenhagen salad was very impressive although I didn’t eat it. I went with the snapper blackened and was disappointed. It was not as good as I remembered it but still pretty good. Other diners at my table had mixed reviews: the salmon was overcooked, the chicken marsala was as good as before, as were the Danish meatballs, the steak was OK. The deserts have expanded options now but I promise you that this is the best apple walnut pie you will ever have. The Danish rice pudding was also good but a far 2nd compared to the pie. The wait staff is excellent and happy to see that they also moved with the restaurant. We will return, but sadly not as often as we would have liked given the new location. I wish them the best and would recommend you give it a try. I would love to hear about your favorite place or one you have tried recently that you enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment