Thursday, May 1, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – MADISON’S OF NY – BOCA RATON


ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – MADISON’S OF NY – BOCA RATON


I had heard a lot about this place and had been wanting to try it for some time. I think the name is very funny since they are a Canadian company but the restaurant is called Madison’s of New York. Regardless, they have a very large expensive location that was formerly occupied by Stephanie’s, so there might be something to the place. The inside looked great, large and airy with lots of room between other tables. We sat in the elevated part of the restaurant, which is kind of nice to be seated up high like you were in an SUV or something. We had a very energetic and friendly waitress, who did a nice job.

There is no question this is a steak/meat place, which is exactly what our friends enjoy. That is OK with me since these places usually have some good seafood too. Someone who I worked with told me that they bought Houston’s recipe for ribs and that they were even better than the ones at Houston’s but no one ordered them. I went with the crab cakes first, which were good even though they had red pepper in them. I think really good crab cakes don’t need that but they were still good albeit small. I had the blackened Bronzino, which was the catch of the day. It came with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and was excellent. The wife had a burger, my friends had the prime rib, NY Strip, rib eye steak and Mediterranean chicken. My daughter had pasta with butter. They were all very happy. I must comment on the wine list. There were many choices here, most fairly priced, and some great selections. I went with the Newton Chardonnay which is not easy to find by the glass and it is awesome. They also had an impressive selection of desert wines which were very reasonably priced. I got a Sauternes which was excellent. We ended up with the key lime pie which was really great. It had a thicker than usual graham cracker crust which was perfect with the creamy pie. I would go back here in a minute and hope they make it. It is a very large space and I am sure they are paying a huge rent. I was concerned since it was not that full and seemed to have a very early sort of crowd. Give it a try and let me know what you think. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment