Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fleming & Else Bistro To Eat and For Rent

 Tucked away in a little strip center on SW 18th St. between Military Trail and Powerline Rd. in South Boca Raton lies a jewel of a restaurant called Fleming & Else Bistro. Sadly, I just discovered this place just a couple of months ago but have been a regular ever since I did. Everything in the restaurant is made by hand every day. That starts with the rosemary bread and carrot bread that is served in the bread basket. Warning, the carrot bread is highly addictive and amazing. They have a ridiculous value that when you order an entre it comes with soup, salad and dessert all for $20 something dollars. While the food is good enough that they do not have to do this, it makes the old people who live in the surrounding area (who are the majority of customers) feel like they are getting a deal. And they sure are! This might be only before 6:00 or 6:30, not sure because we almost always eat early. Speaking of value, the wine deserves mention. The first time I went I was told it was happy hour and that they had pretty good house wines by the glass for $4! I tried the Sycamore Lane Chardonnay and it is very good. I get it every time I go now, although I am not sure if it is happy hour or not and do not care. This is good wine period. Sadly, the wine is only available to restaurants (I asked of course).


This Boca Raton restaurant is not only outstanding in quality, but also available for rent.


http://www.rosenfeldrealtyadvisors.com/properties/boca-raton-restaurant-for-rent/

 

I always start with the fried calamari with spicy red sauce. It is truly the best I have ever had, they make it crispy as I ask them to yet it is still very very tender. It is also somehow very light and not so filling when shared with others. I love fish, so that is what I order the majority of the time I go out. They have a ton of fish options here!! I have had snapper, sesame seared with soy dipping sauce and wasabi, Spanish style shrimp with rice (twice) and finally a swordfish special that was blackened. Amazing all, and they are happy to customize any way you want it. The service, by the way, is truly outstanding. I have had Jamie and Fred each time I have been and have tipped at least 30% each time. Believe me when I tell you they are almost as good as the food. Finally, you cannot forget about desert at a fine restaurant. These too are all made in house. The apple walnut pie is the best I have ever had. I tried the peach pie last time and it was really excellent but had no sugar added and was not as good as the apple. What are impressive are the napoleons, which I have never tried but cannot be ignored as they are carried by.  I would say that this is the best restaurant in Boca Raton that no one knows about. While I don't want to create droves of people coming here ruining it for me and my family, it truly does deserve recognition for what it is: one of the best restaurants in South Florida at bargain prices to boot. I revel in impressing my friends and family by introducing them to my favorite new secret! I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment