Thursday, October 22, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – THE COOK & THE CORK CORAL SPRINGS

If you are reading this one, you are in for a real treat. You see me and my cousin Craig were at it again last week, looking for quality restaurants in West Broward. I am always looking for hidden gems and am thrilled when I discover one. I read about The Cook & The Cork in the newspaper and had been wanting to try it.

The opportunity finally came on a rainy Wednesday night. The place is sort of nondescript from the outside, located on the end of a small strip center on Sample Rd. But once you enter the place is dark but inviting and cozy. The menu is very unusual and we were forced to get 4 appetizers to make sure we got a good feel for the place. We went with Pierogis, some beef tacos, duck confit and tempura shrimp. I didn’t eat the tacos given the beef but my cousin really liked them. The pierogis were delicious, served with onions and apples. Duck confit was excellent and I ate it all myself. We split the shrimp, which were tasty and had 2 different sauces on them (one sauce on 3 and another on the other 3). From there my cousin had the herb and panko bread crumb crusted chicken which came with eggplant and onions. I had the snapper special blackened with grilled broccoli. The chicken was sensational, and I would probably get it the next time I go. My fish was good, a bit bland and not real spicy but fresh. I never had grilled broccoli before and it was strange but OK, not like regular broccoli at all in terms of look and taste. When I added some of the eggplant and onions to the fish it was much improved. From there it was onto the blueberry cobbler and cinnamon bun bread pudding. Both were solid but not spectacular. The wines by the glass are worth noting as well. They had some great, hard to find sections that were really excellent and reasonably priced. When they didn’t have the desert wine I ordered, they served me something else and gave it to me on the house! And it was really good. I think this place is the best restaurant in Coral Spring and really one of the best in all of South Florida. I strongly recommend it and look forward to returning there soon. I would love to hear about your favorite place or one you have tried recently and enjoyed. As always thanks for reading and have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment