Wednesday, September 9, 2015

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW: CASIMIR BOCA RATON

I have always wanted to eat at this restaurant. Very few restaurants stay in business over 3 years and the ones that do are clearly doing something right. It must have been fate when I tried to eat at Sapphire, the Indian restaurant directly next store, on Monday and they were closed. Casimir is very busy at lunch. They draw everyone from workers in the area, to retired and or non-working people and tourists. They have a large patio in the front for outside seating, which I think attracts a lot of people. Although it is a French bistro, it has a balanced menu where there is really something for everyone. They have a large selection of salads, a substantial kid’s menu, entree types like steak, crepes etc. but what they seem to be known for at lunch is a salad with a protein on top of it. You can have fish, chicken or steak on it. My friend and I both went this direction, with me having a spinach salad, with quinoa, apples, cranberries, cherry tomatoes, almonds and topped with Arctic Char which was the fish of the day. My friend had the same thing but with chicken. After realizing that the fish was served with skin underneath, I removed it and it was delicious. Feeling confident after our salads, we decided to take a step further and try some deserts. I went with the highly recommended apple tart, called Tarte Tatin, which was served warm with vanilla ice cream. My friend went with the crème brulee, which is one of her favorite deserts. We were both very happy with everything. I will definitely return here and would strongly recommend this place to others. I would love to hear about your favorite place or a place you have tried recently and enjoyed. Don’t be shy, spread the love! As always, thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment