Thursday, April 24, 2014

ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – 6 TABLES


ROSENFELD RESTAURANT REVIEW – 6 TABLES


I heard about this place from some friends and went there on Friday to try it out. It is a very small place, with just more than 6 tables, I think I counted 8. It is a very intimate, quiet and elegant place just across the street from Mizner Park. There is just the chef and one waitress working there. They do have a corkage fee so you can bring your own wine, which can really save some money depending on your wine drinking. They serve 4 courses which includes desert. They start you out with a glass of sparkling wine, which was a bit too close to champagne for me, the only wine I cannot drink (gives me a stomach ache for some strange reason I cannot fathom). That was followed by a choice of soups, a carrot or a lobster bisque. I went with the carrot, which is something I would never order (but since I don’t eat lobster or stuff with cream it was the only option making it easy). It was excellent and even a bit spicy. One person tried the lobster bisque and said it was excellent. This was followed by a salad of mixed greens with feta cheese, strawberries, apples, cranberries, and it had a balsamic dressing. I do not really like salad, really it is only the lettuce I don’t like. That being said, I ate the entire thing and really enjoyed it. So did everyone else. Then it was entrée time, and I went with a halibut which was grilled with a creamy sauce that I got on the side. It was OK, but very fresh and the vegetables that came with it were great, a bread crumb topped tomato, and green beans. Everyone else went with steak or salmon and was very happy. The desert was 2 fold, a wine poached pear with cheese was first. I seemed to be the only one enjoying it and it was really great. Then there was a chocolate pudding that was served in a coffee cup topped with strawberries and strawberry compote and whipped cream. It was amazing. This unique, one of a kind place and experience was fantastic, but you need to make sure you come with good company because it is quiet and there is nothing else going on except for the food and your company. I would strongly recommend this place and hope you give it a try. I would love to know about your favorite restaurant or one you recently discovered that it worth trying. As always thanks for reading and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment